Sunday 1 June 2014

My skincare battle

Skincare is something that I will talk about at every single opportunity. I've already instilled in my 4 year old Stepdaughter how important it is to cleanse, tone and moisturise daily when she's older. (I'm already looking forward to our first trip to John Lewis' beauty department together!) Both me and my brother managed to get through our teenage years with nothing more than an occasional breakout.


Of course I get the occasional spot but since hitting 24, I've noticed my biggest issue is redness! My cheeks look constantly flushed! One of the biggest challenges when it came to my skin was pregnancy!


Now, anyone who knows me knows that I had a very difficult pregnancy and therefore the last thing on my mind for 9 months was skincare. And my goodness did I pay the price. It became dry, blotchy, red and sensitive. Before pregnancy I would describe my skin as normal/combination/oily whereas now it's dry and sensitive. I know a huge reason for this was a massive and sudden surge in hormones!


A few weeks after Darcy was born (and I was settled into motherhood) I decided it was time to look after me again. I purchased some Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, Liz Earle Skin Tonic and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream for face (with added SPF 50.)






Literally within days, my skin had got it's glow back. Now, that doesn't mean I'm suddenly roaming around bare faced! It just means that make up goes on better. It's something I always emphasis when it comes to meeting clients. If the base isn't right, then the make up won't look flawless. Saying that, there are skin conditions that cannot be helped and I will work with my clients to get the right look for them.




I will be doing further posts on skincare as well as trying some new products so please do keep checking back for those posts :-)




MDR Make Up


(For some reason my dashboard won't let me add photos so will do later on!)











No comments:

Post a Comment

MDR Make Up