Thursday 19 January 2012

Golden Globes 2012


Now, I've never been a massive follower of award shows but since I couldn't sleep the night the Golden Globes was on, I thought I'd give it a try.



I could not pull myself away from watching all the celebrities arriving on the red carpet! I found myself checking out their make up, skin, dresses, jewellery! It was the exact same feeling as my year 11 prom. Minus my fail at '50's glamour.'


A lot of the blogs and magazines are arguing over who was best dressed that night. For me, the ultimate award should go to Zooey Deschanel. Now, I've always loved Zooey since 'Elf' and what I love about her most is her down to earth nature. She's a girl you just want to be friends with. (If you haven't already, check out New Girl on 4OD....hilarious!)


Many celebrities tried too hard at the Globes (Lea Michele I'm looking at you) but some, hit the nail right on the head. For me, Zooey was the ultimate Globe Girl. 


I found myself wanting to google '60's hair' immediately and I can't help but suspect we might be onto something here. For me, my favourite make up looks are the ones us 'normal' girls could wear. Zooeys look was absolute perfection. Not only are her eyes absolutely stunning, just look at her skin. Wowza.




How to get Zooeys Golden Globe look


Firstly, cleanse your skin. 


I would then start with the eye make up. As you want the eyeshadow to stay on for as long as possible, I would add a small amount of concealer or eyeshadow primer ( Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance is also good). Smooth it all over the lid.


Colour wise, it looks as if Zooeys make up artist used a slight grey/ light blue eyeshadow all over the lid so I would go for something such as MAC's Silver Gull. You want to use a slightly angled brush to hit the corner of the eyes. To add definition, I would use a very small amount of MAC's Carbon eyeshadow to create a very slight smokey eye. 


Zooey is known for her winged eyeliner and this is something to bare in mind for this look. I tend to do eyeliner in small and steady strokes. Don't be afraid to wing out the eyeliner at the end! I would then go under the bottom eyelashes with a pencil eyeliner to add the dark definition Zooey has in this look.


Next I would add either mascara or maybe even very small fake eyelashes. (I will be doing a fake eyelash tutorial soon.) The key to this look is the white eye pencil along the water line. This gives the illusion of a wide awake, fresh look.


Now it's skin. Once you have cleared up around the eyes with a face wipe, apply your foundation (I've been mixing No 7 BB cream in Medium with MAC studio sculpt in NC 25). I would then add a very slight pink blush and brush very softly along the cheekbone (Benefit Georgia would work really well.)


Finally it's the lips! I would say a nice colour like Chanel Rouge Allure in Hyde Park topped off with a little pink lipgloss (MAC Baby Sparks.)


And you're all done!


Enjoy :-)



3 comments:

  1. Nice post. I luuuv Zooey. Are you liking new girl? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I love her too! She's hilarious and definitely loving New Girl! Have you been watching it too?! Let me know if you try the look! I'm planning on doing it this weekend and uploading some photos! x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

MDR Make Up