Friday 13 January 2012

New Years Resolution #1 - Get a skincare routine that works (Part one.)

One of the things I've found with becoming a make up artist is my new found obsession for not only make up, but also skincare. In order for make up to look as perfected as can be, you need to have a fantastic base.

Now obviously you can hide blemishes and other skin issues with primer and foundation etc but you will never resolve the actual issue behind them. And you're probably making the problem worse.

Luckily, I've been very fortunate when it comes to my skin. I managed to breeze through puberty without nothing more than the occasional break out. I definitely have had my fair share of skin nightmares though (it's always before a date isn't it!). I remember having infantigo when I worked at H&M. Before I realised it was actually contagious, I had to face the public with horrible, burn like cuts on my face. Attractive. No amount of concealer is going to hide that my lovelies! 


So, I decided to do my research! I've found in the past that I'll invest in a fantastic cleanser, toner and moisturiser and only use it for about a week! So I wanted to make sure that I used it every single day and that by the end of 2012, hopefully my skin will be perfected! Various other beauty blogs and youtube videos have made suggestions about which products to use but I always find that you need to test it out on your own skin as everyone has a different skin type. 


One name that kept coming up over and over was Liz Earle. Now, I'm personally a massive fan of natural products. I always find it so bizzare how a product such as lip balm, can have so many random chemicals in it! (Check out my beautiful cousin Amy's youtube video in which she goes into more depth around natural cosmetics...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIBGHdp6KeMLiz Earle is renowned for using lots of naturally active products and is a favourite in the beauty industry. She was even awarded an MBE for her services to the beauty industry and now I know why, she's a miracle worker!


Magazines and beauty experts have been telling us for years that for perfect skin we need to drink lots of water and cleanse, tone and moisturise. So I'm going to see if this actually works. 


So, my first skincare purchase of 2012 is this little gem... The Liz Earle cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser. 


100ml pump starter kit
Now, it retails for around £13.75 which is for a 100ml size however, you can get a smaller size for around £8. At first £13.75 seems a lot for just one part of my skincare routine but trust me, once you use this product, you will never look back.


How to use


Once you have removed any dirt or make up from your face with a face wipe or whatever, you basically get a 50p sized amount of the product and rub it into your skin. You really need to focus on the areas you get the most breakouts (for me this is just under my mouth.) You then soak the cloth in warm water and start working the product into your skin. Once all the product has gone, I would just splash your face with cold water to make sure any product has gone.


And voila! You're done. 


One of the things I find when I take my make up off is that no matter how many face wipe I use, it doesn't seem to get it all off! I've even tried pricey make up removers but they don't seem to work to great either. So for me, this cleanser instantly made my skin feel really clean and refreshed. 


I've been using the cleanser for a couple of weeks now and I've really noticed a difference in my skin. My skin is clearer, I've had no breakouts and my make up seems to go on easier. So for me, this has really worked and is definitely affordable. 


I'll attach the link to Liz's website below but I know you can also purchase it in John Lewis.


Now I've found my perfect cleanser, I need to find a fantastic toner! So if anyone recommends one, please let me know! 


Bushells of love,


Marissa 




http://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise/cleanse-and-polish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html



6 comments:

  1. Best cleanser ever im a Qualified beauty therapist and used alot of difffernt products, ive used this product for about 1week and im love with it best cleaner ever hands down, I purchased the skin kit just to try the products out, will diffently be purchasing the larger sizes next time. :)

    love your blog by the way.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanika! Thank you for your lovely comment! I love your blog too! I'm hoping mine is going to grow and grow as it's quite bare at the moment :-)

      I would definitely recommend the January Skin care set. You get Full sized cleanser, toner and moisturiser for about £40. It sounds a lot but I know it can last for a few months!

      I'm definitely following your blog, would be lovely to stay in touch! :-) x x

      Delete
  2. Ive heard such good things about the cleanse and polish, I think i'll cave in and buy one soon. How do you clean your muslin cloths? Im not too keen on reusing things on my face!

    taupeandpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kirsty! Thank you so much for following my blog! It's an amazing product! I was convinced as soon as I tested it on my hand at the Liz Earle counter!

      I bought the January essentials kit which came with the full size cleanser, toner and moisturiser and two muslin cloths. I tend to use one, then watch it thoroughly with hot water, leave to dry and use it again when I next cleanse (as I do twice a day.) BUT I do change my cloths every two days :-)

      Delete
  3. I want to try the cleanse and polish so much! Currently using a vitamin e hot cloth cleanser. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollie! Thank you so much for your post :-)

      How is the vitamin e hot cloth cleanser working for you?

      The cleanse and polish is amazing but I do notice I have more breakouts then I did before. Could just be that my skin is getting used to actually being clean! :-) x

      Delete

MDR Make Up